Pixelmator Pro Exporting SVG

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2023-09-29 04:41:11

I use Pixelmator Pro. When I export a simple rectangle of a certain height and width to .svg, then open it in Glowforge, the size of the rectangle in Glowforge is too large and I have to resize it. For example, if I export a simple rounded rectangle .svg file of size 1.68" wide x 5.13" high, it shows up in my Glowforge as 5.25" wide x 16.031" high. Am I missing something here? I asked Glowforge Tech support and they fell back on the “we are not familiar with Pixelmator - it must be their problem” answer. Pixelmator is a pretty popular program and in every other respect is perfect for GlowForge. There MUST be other users out there who have run across this? Has anyone got a solution?

2023-10-10 14:49:54

Just curious... I know that things I see in PixPro on my studio display (I.e. "retina display") generates images/output that displays much larger outside PixPro. That could mean GlowForge does not handle "retina display" the same way PixPro does. Just a thought...

2023-10-10 15:52:53

Perhaps workaround: You can use "px" as unit that will load 1:1; checked with Inkscape. You can work in inch but need to change units before exporting.