Recover original image, how?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2022-03-04 05:14:23

In my other document programs, I can choose "save as," and I create a new image, leaving the image I first opened as is. This is very useful, obviously, if I want to save the original.
How do I do that with Pixelmator? Do I have make a copy of an image before I work on it? When I click "save as," enter a new name--yes, a new file is created--but the old file also retains all the changes. So the original image is lost.
As far as I can see, whenever I close an image, all changes are saved. There's no option to save changes of not.
Anyways, it appears to be very hard to recover my original image once I make any changes; the only workaround, which is not satisfactory imo, is to make a duplicate of the image before working on it.

2022-03-04 09:24:55

Can´t recreate this behavior. I open a xyz.jpg file and Pixelmator Pro adds its native ".pxd" extension to it. Make your edits and if you like "File->Save As…" abc.pxd. The original jpg file will be left untouched from my experience.
Maybe this give some more insights: https://www.pixelmator.com/community/vi ... 15&t=19479