cropping tool

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2022-02-21 12:18:07

Hope you don't mind but I would like to ask also something about the crop tool, and that's if there is an option to draw a line that is straight and that line will be chosen to get the photo right.
Would also be nice to have the option of automatically fill the empty parts, f.e. in Affinity Photo there is a macro for it.

2022-02-21 13:23:03

by BettyRNorahDeniels 2022-02-21 12:01:36 When I take a photo I do not always keep the camera straight. The impact is that I need to go and choose the cropping tool and then align the picture. Sometime the auto straighten tool work or usually I need to rotate it manually.
Is there a way to either using button / option or script to then resize the canvas to then fit nicely in the available photo. Said differently, when you move the picture, you are bound to experience gaps where the canvas and the photo do not align. Can you 'snap' the canvas or automatically resize the canvas to fit back into the available photo area once you have moved the photo? I hope that made sense
Pixelmator Pro should auto-crop images when straightening (using the Crop tool). If you're seeing some transparent edges around the image, perhaps you're rotating while holding down the Command key? You'd be temporarily turning off auto-cropping that way. This method works best when you need to straighten images without changing their original size.
by Jos 2022-02-21 12:36:34 Hope you don't mind but I would like to ask also something about the crop tool, and that's if there is an option to draw a line that is straight and that line will be chosen to get the photo right.
Would also be nice to have the option of automatically fill the empty parts, f.e. in Affinity Photo there is a macro for it.
Not at all! Feature suggestions are always welcome. ;) If I remember correctly, the horizon tool has already been suggested to us before but I don't think we've marked it as a feature request. I'll make sure to do so now. As for auto-filling transparent image areas after cropping — this should be quite easy to do using AppleScript. The only roadblock right now is that the Repair Selection command is not yet scriptable. We can keep this in mind for future AppleScript additions.

2022-02-21 13:52:32

Thanks for the fast and hope giving answer.

2022-02-22 12:32:55

by Jos Thanks for the fast and hope giving answer.
No problem. Hope we can make these things happen one day. :fingers_crossed: