Tablet recommendations for Pixelmator Pro & Final Cut Pro?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2022-02-04 20:10:29

Any recommendations for a reasonably priced tablet that works well with both PP and FCP?

2022-02-07 16:56:15

I always recommend and have personally used Wacom pen tablets in the past (namely Wacom Intuos, Wacom Bamboo (now discontinued)). I guess these would be considered budget tablets but it never felt like that and I never had any issues. I did use them for digital art, though, so my workflow was probably different from yours. Either way, I think Wacom is worth looking into if you're looking for a tablet. :) Perhaps others will have more suggestions.

2022-02-11 18:54:03

There are lots of cheap tablets with screens in them on Amazon which often go on sale for under $300. I see one right now for $255. However if you want really good Mac integration and long-lasting, you might be disappointed.

I bought a Wacom Cintiq 12WX for about $1000 in 2008 and it still works, but now I use a 2020 iPad Pro and Apple Pencil which cost about the same price. I suspect my Wacom will still be working in ten years (with converters for the video and usb, and if the Wacom software is still maintained and supports that old model). But with so much competition and substitutes available, Wacom might not be making tablets for much longer.