Shortcuts Option to Post Image onto an existing Layer

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2022-01-31 19:50:45

Hey guys,

I have one reoccurring task that I would like to automate through the use of Shortcuts:

I often post entries on my website with logos that need to follow the same format. These logos need to all be square with a white background.

Now I am wondering, whether there is any option to get this done through Shortcuts? Usually what I do is I have a white background template, then drop the logo in question on it, resize to fit the canvas in length and save it again.

I tried to get that process done in Shortcuts and managed to get the image resized and converted etc., but I don't think I have an option to drop the image essentially into a pre-defined canvas, unless I'm missing something? I also thought about using the crop action to change the ration to square, but then the whole image/logo is cropped to make it into a square, but that's not what I need.

Any idea if this is possible to get done?

Thanks a lot in advance :)

Kind regards, Philip

2022-02-03 14:42:53

Hey Philip! Perhaps this Shortcut will help:

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/d0f50c ... 431b2ac1ce

This workflow uses the Replace Image action which lets you replace a layer in an existing multilayered file. For the shortcut to work, you'll want to have your square template (empty) saved as a PXD somewhere on your Mac. Use this PXD template for the "Layered Image" variable, and under "Layer Name" enter the layer in that template you'd like to replace (it'll most likely be called "Background Layer").

2022-02-03 15:06:23

Dear Aurelija,

that's fantastic, it works like a charm :) I overlooked the replace layer option so thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Kind regards, Philip

2022-02-03 15:36:59

Glad I could be of help! :)