Closer Together

A place to talk about anything else with other Pixelmator users.

2022-03-12 16:14:41

I have an image of two birds, one above the other. Is there a way to bring the two closer together by removing the space between??

2022-03-16 14:51:42

Hey there! A lot depends on the image itself. Are there any details between the two birds? Would you be able to share the image here for more context?

2022-03-16 15:33:19

Hi, the only details between the two birds are blue sky, that's it. I followed the "move selected area' but that didn't work per instructions. Maybe more detailed instructions would be helpful as I am pretty new to Pixelmator Pro.

Thanks Aurelija,

M. Raft

2022-03-17 12:12:46

Ah, in that case, the process should be fairly simple. You can try the following steps:

1. Using the Quick Selection tool, select the bird you'll be moving
2. To make sure your selection is as precise as possible, click Select and Mask in the Tool Options pane and refine your selection
3. In the Output pop-up menu, choose New Layer and click Apply
4. Unhide the background layer (the bottom-most one in the Layers sidebar) and using the Arrange tool (V) move the bird layer (the layer at the top of the Layers sidebar) into position
5. Choose the background layer again and using the Repair tool (R) paint over the bird in the original position to remove it

Hope that helps!