Which was the last version of pixelmator pro that is compatible with macOS 10.15.7 Catalina?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2023-06-06 05:30:29

I’m seriously considering the idea of downgrade my intel MacBook from macOS Ventura 13.4 to macOS Catalina 10.15.7, but do I’ll be able to use pixelmator pro? In which version of it? Can I normally work with my most recent projects, which was created and edited in the latest release, in previous releases of pixelmator pro?

2023-06-07 18:57:29

It might not be a case of which system but which CPU. Some of the AI functions need the M1 or better, and the app will not install on the older HW. I had the same issue with Affinity Designer in 2000, where I had to buy a new Ipad in order to get their app to run. I am 99% sure I had PMP running on Big Sur but not 100% sure. If you buy from the app store it will not update the app unless you have the right CPU and system, I had the going on with a few other apps.

HTH

2023-06-08 11:14:36

by Caue de Mello I’m seriously considering the idea of downgrade my intel MacBook from macOS Ventura 13.4 to macOS Catalina 10.15.7, but do I’ll be able to use pixelmator pro? In which version of it? Can I normally work with my most recent projects, which was created and edited in the latest release, in previous releases of pixelmator pro?
Pixelmator Pro requires macOS 11.0 or later, so I'm afraid it won't work on macOS Catalina. If you downgrade to another earlier version of macOS, your Pixelmator Pro documents won't be affected.

2023-06-08 11:42:57

Ah, sorry, didn't answer your question about downgrading Pixelmator Pro. The latest Pixelmator Pro version that is supported on Catalina should be Pixelmator Pro 2.4 Odessa.

However, if you decide to downgrade and then try to open certain documents (let's say, a document with layers that weren't previously supported), you might have some difficulties – you'll receive an alert indicating that you need a more recent version of Pixelmator Pro to open these files. Here you can keep track of which features were added after Pixelmator Pro 2.4: https://www.pixelmator.com/pro/updates/