Select a piece of an image

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2023-05-31 14:35:43

iMac with Ventura 13.3.1
Pixelmator Pro 3.3.5

I have drawn an image *.pxd that has a 2px black border around it. I want to select a small selection of the border, copy it, and paste it elsewhere on the same image. I cannot figure out how to do that.

I have clicked on Tools>Select>Quick Selection, left clicked the image at the border, both with and without Q pressed, selected the piece of the border which process automatically selected the entire image which turned a transparent orange
I dragged the selection lines (the "moving ants) to enclose just the piece of the border I want so that it and only it is selected.
Then I tried to copy that selection, eventually to paste it, or copy it and drag it ... I could not find a key selection that accomplished either of those.

What is the right way to do this?

Thank you.

2023-07-03 15:06:57

Are the image and border on different layers? If so, ensure you have the border layer active when you make your selection.

2023-07-08 15:52:15

By any chance is the two pixel border a stroke? No matter, as in the example image below, easy to select, copy, deselect, and paste puts the new selection on a new layer. My example of the entire border and a smaller section of the same border also pasted to a new layer.