Picture Library

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2023-04-24 09:01:54

Hi, Can anyone help please. I have PP 3.3.2(Mosaic) and it still does not seem to find my system picture library. This has been a problem over a few updates now. I was advised it was a known problem and would be sorted in a future update. As the PP guardians are usually so good I am wondering if it is still a system problem universally or whether me or my system is at fault? Any ideas please most welcome.

TonyR

2023-04-24 20:04:05

It works quite well for me - ⌥⌘N - or File -> New From Photos . Assuming everything is in standard locations and you have settings to allow PP to access you photos library. System Settings -> Privacy & Security -> photos -> (Pixelmator Pro)

What are you doing?

Pixelmator Pro
Version 3.3.2 (Mosaic)

2023-04-24 20:49:43

This doesn't seem to work for pictures in a "Hidden" album. It's fine for the regular photos library, but trying to access a hidden album reports that it is an empty album.

2023-04-25 08:12:03

Hi, Thanks, mccoytest and J Alves for your replies. Once I open Pixelmator Pro 3.3.2 (Mosaic) and select from the Welcome Screen "Open Photos Browser" I get the warning message box stating that "Your Photo library cannot be found...." I obviously do have a system library and I have it located actually on my iMac which is running Ventura 13.3.1. My Photos programme runs fine with no problems and I can select Pixelmator Pro from the Photos Extensions but I do not see the top status bar only that of Photos.

I do not have any "Hidden" albums.

2023-04-25 08:18:33

I tried Option Command N but received the same popup warning message of No Photos Library Found.

Thanks

TonyR

2023-04-28 07:18:44

by TonyR I tried Option Command N but received the same popup warning message of No Photos Library Found.

Thanks

TonyR
I think your answer is here: https://pixelmator.com/community/viewto ... 05&p=65882

Until the bug is fixed you have to use the Apple Photo extension.

2023-04-28 12:49:37

Hi Lysander
Thanks for the suggestion. I checked out the detail and my library, not anything else is hidden, all settings are as they should be. Also I am only dealing with the 'normal' size of holiday photograph albums. As PP is aimed at commercial users as well I would assume my whole library is within the expected scope of size. I am thinking the problem has still yet to be resolved by PP. The good thing is that it can still be used from within the Photos program. And just for other users, actual or potential, I am not criticising Pixelmator Pro at all, it is a fantastic program. I only wish I had more reason to utilise more of its magic.

TonyR