Does Pixelmator Photo take photos or only edit them?

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2023-03-11 17:54:48

I am becoming more interested in iPhone Photography (actually joined a few Facebook groups and signed up for an online course) but also interested in doing editing on my iPad Pro and my iPhone. I have loved Pixelmator/Pro for years and love the way it integrates with Apple Photos on my iMac.
I am interested in Pixelmator Photo to use on either my iPhone 14 or iPad Pro but aside from it being able to use all those RAW formats, can it also TAKE photos specifically in RAW format like some other apps can. Or is it only for editing and I need to use a different app to take the photos?
Thanks.

2023-03-12 17:16:56

Pixelmator Photo is for editing your photos. If you need a third party app for capturing an image other than the stock Apple Camera app there are some good ones. That depends on what your exact needs are. You can do ProRaw with the Native Camera app and then edit them in Pixelmator. Sometimes I use Camera M for macro where precise focus is necessary. The only camera app that does best in low light is the native camera app. There you get night mode which is amazing and no third party apps are capable of that. In bright lighting it hardly matters. Then you can use whatever works best for certain features that help.