Remove fringe and background color in hair

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2023-03-11 11:54:29

I havre made a selection but having problem "cleaning up" the hair when I put my subject on black background.
Do any of you have any advice on how to make this better?
Was you can see I have played around with the select and mask sliders and alson used the smart refine.
I have also tried using decontaminate color.

Do any of you have advice on what to to next? How can I make this selection even better on black background?

Images show original image and area I want to improve Image Image

2023-03-11 19:29:57

I tried solving it using the clone tool. What do you tink about the end result? Image

2023-03-12 00:32:34

by MartinKarlsson I tried solving it using the clone tool. What do you tink about the end result?
I find it better to copy a section that you want to use, paste it, and rotate it so that is going in the correct direction, and probably adjust transparency to my liking.

Did you remove the background from the original image then create a black background below it, as I did in the below image. I was able to select the "bad" leftover gray color and delete it revealing the black background. I had toyed with a mask attempt - but too tedious. I'm sure you will get it to your liking. Have fun though. (It's hard to know when to stop messing with images isn't it?) Image

2023-03-12 11:10:08

2023-03-12 19:35:32

In my case all the steps mentioned in both these videos has already been made but the result is still not completely to my liking, hence my question.

2023-03-29 10:06:54

I used the Replace Color adjustment to get to this point:

LAYERS: