Can't save templates

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2023-01-11 11:39:38

I'm running Pixelmator Pro ver 3.2.3 on Mac OS 12.6 and can't "Save as template" under "File" because the option doesn't exist. What do I need to do to save a layer group as template?

2023-01-12 11:50:04

Hi, Tom. It currently isn't possible to save custom templates in Pixelmator Pro at the moment. This feature is on our roadmap, though.

2023-03-09 02:05:22

Hi Pixelmator Team.

Please look at adding this simple feature ASAP. For professionals in the broadcast industry this is VITAL.
I love Pixelmator but I can not recommend it within my industry without this feature.

2023-06-05 15:17:49

by simonasd Hi, Tom. It currently isn't possible to save custom templates in Pixelmator Pro at the moment. This feature is on our roadmap, though.
What does this roadmap look like? Many would like to know.

2023-06-08 14:59:51

by Sensored Lens
What does this roadmap look like? Many would like to know.
Photomator's publicly available roadmap, featuring planned future updates, serves as our commitment to you and all other users that we're dedicated to bringing these enhancements in the near future. At this moment, we cannot assert with 100% certainty that a particular feature will be delivered to Pixelmator Pro, so we refrain from making such promises.

However, I do understand your frustration – there are key features that are critical to your workflows, and it's unclear when they'll be available. And, I'm really sorry about that.

2023-12-07 07:39:46

if and when saving templates is realized, it would also help to allow adding categories as well, like they are now standard on the left column of the little panel.
Now there's just a "My Templates" one, but different projects need different sets...