.SRW Photos display in Import preview dialog but then cannot be imported

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2022-12-16 06:48:22

When trying to import .SRW photos from my Samsung camera into Pixelmator Pro on Mac I get the error message "The document is damaged, or isn’t compatible with Pixelmator Pro 3.2.2 ". Again, they are displayed perfectly fine in the Import dialog and I can see them on the camera, they just don't seem to want to import. What could be causing this, and how can I fix it?
Thanks!

2022-12-16 09:04:14

Hi Marc, could you send some sample photos over to us at support@pixelmator.com so we could take a closer look?

2023-01-04 13:14:42

I've let Marc know over email already, but for anyone else reading this: the problem here was that the RAW file was unsupported by the macOS RAW processing engine, which is also used in Pixelmator Pro. If you're experiencing similar issues, please make sure that your camera's RAW format is supported. You can check the most up-to-date list of RAW formats supported by macOS Ventura here.

2023-01-05 16:27:48

by Marc H When trying to import .SRW photos from my Samsung camera into Pixelmator Pro on Mac I get the error message "The document is damaged, or isn’t compatible with Pixelmator Pro 3.2.2 ". Again, they are displayed perfectly fine in the Import dialog and I can see them on the camera, they just don't seem to want to import. What could be causing this, and how can I fix it?
Thanks!
Marc, have you tried processing in Raw Power first? Raw Power has extended raw support. That is they use the Apple Raw as a base and then add new cameras faster than Apple.