Insert Text vs Tools Type

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2022-12-11 09:40:35

I cannot understand the difference between "Insert->Text" and "Tools -> Type -> Type".

The name of the topmost two layers you see in the screenshot correspond to the command used to create that layer: I see no differences between the two layers.

2022-12-15 09:33:18

Hi there! I can't reproduce this behavior so far on Pixelmator Pro 3.2.2 - all text layers are called "Text", no matter how they're created. What version of Pixelmator Pro are you using?

2022-12-16 18:11:03

by simonasd Hi there! I can't reproduce this behavior so far on Pixelmator Pro 3.2.2 - all text layers are called "Text", no matter how they're created. What version of Pixelmator Pro are you using?
Exactly the same ones as you did. I renamed the layers to indicate what commands I used.
So you are telling me there are no differences between the two commands?

2022-12-22 08:31:00

Ah, apologies, I misunderstood your original question. Yes, functionally the text layers created by both commands are identical. The main difference between the two commands is that clicking Tools > Type > Type will activate the Type tool, which will let you fine-tune the text you'll be adding by using the settings in the Tool Options pane, and create any number of text layers in specific positions on your canvas by clicking on them. Insert > Text, on the other hand, is a shortcut to quickly insert a default Text layer to the middle of your canvas while keeping your last used tool active. Hope that makes sense. :pray: