Batch ML Enhance editing without adjusting white balance

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2022-10-27 00:51:27

Hello,

I’m using Pixelmator Photo to do initial edits on large quantities of sports images. My process is to select images I’d like to edit using the iPadOS Photos app and gather them into an album then use Pixelmator Photo to batch ML Enhance them all. After that I go through them and adjust or accept the edits as needed and export the handful I want to do full edits on to an iCloud folder to follow up on with Pixelmator Pro on the Mac.

My issue is that the majority of the time I’m shooting in JPEG with manually set white balance that I fine tune on site based on the color temperature of the specific gym’s lighting conditions. So, I do not want the ML Enhance to touch the white balance! I want it to make all of its other adjustments and leave the white balance as shot for all of the batched images. Is there any way to accomplish this, currently I have to look at each image and if the white balance has been adjusted to any significant degree completely re-edit them. This essentially defeats the whole purpose of doing the batch edits, which I otherwise love!

I’ve experimented with different methods to do what I’m trying to accomplish, but none of them have had the desired effect. The closest I’ve come is with a group of similar images turning off the white balance section on one image then copy and pasting the edits to the others in the group. But this only works if the images are quite similar; not universally for a whole shoot.

Thank You!