Pixelmator 3.0: New templates, mockups etc.

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2022-09-24 15:53:51

Hi, is it possible to delete all those new templates, mockup etc? I have no use for any of those.

Thanks and all the best.

Heinrich

2022-09-27 18:02:41

I agree not seeing much use for the new templates yet either. A related question though - I could see lots of value creating my own template elements. The same ones that show up in a new template instances, but we don't seem to have power to create ourselves. I often have some default layout, multiple layers in a (PXD) that I duplicate and customize for what I'm doing. Half of it never changes, or only changes slightly.

I would like to add my own "template layers" in a standard PXD like:
* "Placeholder layer" that has a (+) sign to replace picture from my Files/Photos
* "Illustrations" group that has N alternative elements I can easily populate myself
* "Document color Pallet" that lets me toggle easily between color themes I populate
* "Transformation" layer that uses a source layer input, and keeps a custom resize, tranformation, rotation, mask, etc.

Say I create a "Group" with 5 of my own shape layers, and have an option to convert a "Group" into a Illustrations group with radio buttons.

Still a big fan of Pixelmator!

2022-10-27 18:23:44

I also agree with this settlement. this would be a much nicer if the user could just download the templates.