Projects just… disappear… when closed.

Discuss Pixelmator for iOS and mobile image editing.

2022-09-11 20:50:02

Pixelmator on iOS, iPhone, all up to date.

With certain pictures. I’ll open them up like I would any other image, work on them for a long time, and then when I back out of them to the main gallery — they disappear. They aren’t there. They aren’t anywhere. I can’t find them in any folder. They’re just gone.

Anyone else have this problem and find a solution?

I can get an image to work by copying it and creating a new file by pasting it, but I don’t always remember to do that. I’d like to be able to work on a project without it disappearing. I just lost hours of work. Again. Because of this issue.

Thank you.

2022-10-10 03:37:13

This has happened to me as of this week. This morning, I tried to create a new project from importing photo. I exited. It was not in the iCloud Drive folder. I also could not create another project.

I've also noticed other projects not save with the last changes applied.

2022-10-29 08:39:56

The same thing started happening with me after I installed the 2.8.1 update yesterday.
After working on a new project (image edit & creating layers) & closing the project by going
back to the Image/ file selection screen, it does not create a saved project. Then it will not create another
project (hitting the “+” button does NOTHING). Completely quitting the App & restarting it does not
do anything to fix it. I had to reboot my iPad. Then I could create a new project, but then it wouldn’t save it.

FWIW

Ipad running iOS v 15.7

2022-10-30 13:10:04

Same problem and donut how to solve.If you know, kick me please.