Transparent Stroke for Text

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2022-09-02 19:30:08

Hello,

I am essentially looking for a way to create a transparent outline around my text so that I can layer text on top of an object of the same color. I want to end up with an outline so that you can see the text.

Is there a way I can do this?

Thanks!
Michael

2022-09-02 20:13:11

Hi.
I don´t get the picture; what do you expect from a transparent outline? Do you want to see the underlying layer maybe?

2022-09-02 20:43:23

by EllenM Hi.
I don´t get the picture; what do you expect from a transparent outline? Do you want to see the underlying layer maybe?
Hey Ellen!

Thanks for the response. Essentially I'm trying to do is something similar to what is shown in this image, but I want the white stroke to be transparent. This way I can print the image on a shirt that is any color, and there will be the separation of the text and the object.

Does that make sense? Image

2022-09-02 21:18:19

Works - kind of. Normally I´d use a simple Boolean Subtraction for this but Pixelmator Pro don´t add a contour to the shape - so you need to go an extra mile and make a selection from the text incl contour and convert this into a shape - then Boolean subtract this from the shape and put the "normal" text (without contour) onto another layer. All edits are destructively unfortunately:

2022-09-02 21:43:39

That looks like exactly what I want to do! Awesome!

I have no idea how you did all that, but let me suffer a bit trying to figure out how to do it!

Thank you so much!

2022-09-03 17:24:55

Ellen, thank you again for your help on this! I really appreciate it!