Which Bare Minimum Adjustments to use in PixelMator Photo for Photo Enhancing ?

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2022-08-24 10:35:19

Hi Guys,

I have had Pixelmator Photo on my iPad ever since I think it came out. And I will be vey Frank with you I have been using it on and off just like I use other Photo Editing APPS available on the oipad.

So ever since Pixelmator photo started adding new features i am kind of abreast, with what functionality has been added and what does it do. However this question puzzles me every time when I open Pixelmator Photo, Now before you guys tell me this purely depends on individual requirement and what does the person eye’s see in that Photo which he wants to edit based on that, a particular functionality in Pixelmator Photo can help him achieve it. So I already know that.

But I wanted to know this from the Pro’s here If I were to give you a Photo which is not bad to begin with it looks ok to begging with so the idea is to enhance it not repair it, meaning it has been taken with a good DSLR professional Camera. The only adjustments that one needs to apply to it is colour grading, remove some noise if at all there (which Frankly is does not exist or is negligible if you take the photo with at least some basic knowledge on how to take sharp photos) Which adjustments that you would recommend to enchance that already looking good photo.

So basically I will tell you which are the adjustments that I generally use in other Photo editing APPS I mostly use

1. HSL
2. Curves
3. White Balance
4. Color Selection
5 Colour Balance
6 Selective colour

So what I wanted to know from you guys is, what are the basic minimum, like bare minimum things (Adjustments) that you guys would advise a person to use if he wants to Photo edit his photo in Pixelmator photo. Which one do you guys recommend ? which according to you guys would be the bare minimum adjustments one has to use in Pixelmator Photo without which it would mean a person has not taken, made full use of the potential of Pixelmator Photo ?

Which such bare minimum adjustments that you would recommend to someone if he wants to use Pixelmator photo for photo enhancing ?