Reduce shape edit nodes, please.

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2022-07-25 00:39:03

Some years ago I remember the team reporting that they had reduced the number of edit nodes. Is that correct?

Well, I converted a pixel selection info a shape and it created an incredibly complex node list as shown on the lower portion of the image, below. Above that is my simple node reduction - one node - that very closely approximated the original shape I could easily add more nodes as necessary...

My request is to be able to specify the number of nodes in a shape as a percentage of the original shape. Say reduce the node count by 50% or 25% etc.

Another possibility is an ML function to reduce the number of nodes that approximates the shape.

Either way a manual method would then still be possible to correct any reductions or an ML conversion.

Another example: Image

2022-08-26 01:04:18

+1 for something in this department.

Consider new feature if one selects several points and allow a right click "Simplify" that cuts the number points in half. This can change a huge complex group of points into a divide by 2 binary search that is controlled by the user. Powerful tool for the user to make [Simplify] choices on a group of points.

On a curve with 50 control points:
Select 50 of them [Simplify] 50 -> 25
Select 25 of them [Simplify] 25 -> 13
Select 13 of them [Simplify] 13 -> 7

This would greatly help simplifying "Convert to Shape" feature!

2022-10-03 03:02:21

I agree and would also be great to link the current image to the shape so we could edit like the puppet warp in Photoshop or the deform filter in Affinity.

2022-12-23 04:34:58

Bump - would also love this!

2023-04-07 20:46:01

Revisit this... I took an image of "the hat" tiles. There might be an easier way but I chose to select by color in a specific "hat".

When I converted the results of the selection to a shape; the topmost hat is what My shaped layer looks like. Tedious, probably unnecessary, effort of removing nodes, resulted in the lower hat.

There should be some way, perhaps some ml, to remove or reduce unnecessary nodes.
Of course what I really ended up with is this: Image