Clone tool suddenly leaving a black clone, instead of the part of the image where the black clone circle lays.

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2022-07-24 10:44:08

Clone tool suddenly leaving a black clone, instead of the part of the image where the black clone circle lays. This has been going on for about a week. I shut down Pixelmator and tried again. Same problem. I restarted my MacBook and Pixelmator, same problem. I'm using Monterey 12.4 and the latest Pixelmator update 2.4.5 Odessa.

I notice others in the last week with the bug that clone doesn't do anything. I'm not sure which is more frustrating.
When I took the screenshot below, it doesn't show where the originating clone tool is. It is just to the right on the bottom edge of the hammer handle below the black spot, so that it should clone the shadow and wood. You are able to see the "cloned" unwanted black spot that results on the bottom edge of the hammer.

Please fix ASAP! I use the clone tool every day!

2022-07-24 16:03:11

Nothing is wrong with the clone tool as far as I see, Me thinks people are cloning from the wrong selected layer.
Pixelmator Pro
Version 2.4.5 Odesa

2022-08-03 17:16:56

This was resolved with Aleka over email, but for anyone else reading this thread and experiencing similar issues - make sure your Clone tool blend mode is set to Normal here (I believe in Aleka's case it was set to Color Burn):