Adobe camera raw and photoshop

A place to talk about anything else with other Pixelmator users.

2022-06-18 12:45:42

I'm new to Pixelmator Pro and just made the 'great leap' from Adobe camera raw and photoshop. I was influenced by the positive reviews and great strides forward with Pixelmator having acquired a MacBook Pro with the M1 max chip.

My main interest is landscape photography, both colour and B&W, with a Fuji XT3. The English Lake District is the place for the day hiker!

My editing approach was to do a lot of the work in camera RAW( exposure - changing exposure and light in the hills and sky to create depth, colour adjustments, black and white point) and then the finishing touches in Photoshop. I'm now trying to figure out the best approach – can I do everything I was doing before in Pixelmator Pro or do I need to think about a RAW file editor?

I have read some really helpful stuff in this community and feeling enthusiastic, so thanks to all of you who have contributed with good questions and insightful replies.

2022-06-30 11:52:14

Hey Michael. Welcome to the community! From what you're describing, it seems like Pixelmator Pro shouldn't introduce any fundamental changes to your workflow but in case you get stuck with something specific, feel free to let us know below or shoot us an email at support@pixelmator.com and we'll do our best to help.