[Video Tutorial] How to batch convert PXD files to JPEG in the Finder

Discuss and share Pixelmator Pro resources such as templates, mockups, and tutorials.

2022-03-29 15:18:27

Using Pixelmator Pro’s support for Shortcuts, you can batch export files in the Finder app using just a few clicks. Any file type that is support by Pixelmator Pro can be exported, including PXD files, RAW photos, and even Adobe Photoshop documents!

2022-03-31 15:17:44

I have a question about this tuto~
Once this action is done, selected and activated files are original files. But I want to make all converted files selected.... I mean not original files but converted one after convert processing.
The Monterey basically provides 'quick action of convert images', right similar this tutorial. In this case, after done, all converted files are selected, so that I can do next actions naturally and more quickly.

What should I add? on shortcut order, if I want to make converted files selected right after quick action - 'Convert JPEG'?

2022-04-01 15:00:03

Yeah, it seems that action was added in a recent update because I don't remember seeing it before. It's cool that there's a little UI too, useful for sure. It wasn't created using Shortcuts, so exactly the same experience isn't possible, but selecting files is. Here are the actions you'd need to use:

You can download that shortcut here.

Hope that helps!

2022-04-11 02:02:53

by Andrius 2022-04-01 06:00:03 Yeah, it seems that action was added in a recent update because I don't remember seeing it before. It's cool that there's a little UI too, useful for sure. It wasn't created using Shortcuts, so exactly the same experience isn't possible, but selecting files is. Here are the actions you'd need to use:

You can download that shortcut here.

Hope that helps!

really really thank you~!!

2023-01-13 05:06:58

Hi
May I to ask I follow the Youtube video for the Batch Convert Files in Finder – Pixelmator Pro Tutorial. I am using Mac Studio, Mac OS Ventura, the Convert Image/ Video is could not run, any step I need to set. Image

2023-01-13 14:25:31

Hi Elton! That's because you set the input variable (the first customizeable space) for the Convert action to "Quality". Instead, set it to your Shortcut input by Control-clicking the variable, choosing Select Variable, and then selecting "Shortcut Input" above your Number action.

"Quality" should instead be assigned to the Quality slider in the Convert action options. Once again, to do so, Control-click the slider, choose Select Variable, and select the Quality variable above your Convert action.

2023-03-02 11:51:15

by Andrius Using Pixelmator Pro’s support for Shortcuts, you can batch export files in the Finder app using just a few clicks. Any file type that is support by Pixelmator Pro can be exported, including PXD files, RAW photos, and even Adobe Photoshop documents!
How can I make this Shortcut to save the converted files to the folder named "Exported Files" inside the enclosing folder?

For example, I have 3 PXD files inside the folder named "My Photos" on my Desktop, and I want to export these 3 files to a new folder named "Exported Files", inside the enclosing folder named "My Photos".

2023-03-25 16:14:09

I purchased Pixelmator Pro some time ago, but only recently started looking at it more seriously. I have 3.3.2 installed through the App Store and not finding any of these options. Also when I went to the shortcut app there were no actions for Pixelmator, whereas I understood there are supposed to be several.

I'm running the latest stable version of Ventura 13.2.1 and wondering what I have to change, since it seems to be missing a lot of options. I was just able to download and install the action from the link in this thread, but no idea how I can find the others. Any suggestions?

2024-02-03 20:12:19

I've attempted this multiple times on Mac Sonoma with no results. Is there another way to batch convert pixelmator files to another format?