Show name of buttons in Toolbar?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2022-02-03 22:47:41

In the Toolbar, all I see are tool buttons with no names under them. The names are visible in Customize Toolbar... Is it possible to show the names in the Toolbar, too? If not, please treat this as a feature request.

2022-02-04 08:56:14

Yep, that's in our plans. :ok_hand: Thanks for the request, nevertheless!

2023-03-21 23:11:21

Any progress on this? It seems like such an obvious and essential feature to include.

2023-03-24 17:11:21

AshleyK, I wouldn't hold my breath. PP is a great app, but "obvious and essential" do not appear to be criteria for selecting new features. I think someone needs a boss to say, after discussion, "these 10 features must be working before we move on to that." In contrast, there seems to be a lot of working thru 7, a little fiddling on 9, and then to the next project. Again, I really like PP, but the biz seems to need more structured software engineering.

I'd like to see PP bring back the Warhol effect (an idea cannot be copyrighted, only its specific expression), which was ALREADY PRESENT in standard Pixelmator. One would expect existing functionality to be the first brought back if it cannot be included in a major rewrite for some reason (such as when making big structural changes first).

Alas, we PP users must be patient and have extra tools to fill the gaps in PP. It would be nice if the company would try to fill in those gaps in the near term, before moving further into ad design.

Again, great app!

P.S. How long would it take to add those button names? I don't remember if the names were present in original Pixelmator.

P.S.S. Sorry, but repeat after me: "Photoshop Killer"

JFM