Anyone else having images completely replaced?!

Discuss Pixelmator for iOS and mobile image editing.

2021-12-24 00:20:17

I’ve lost two pieces of important work from some weird bug I don’t know how to replicate, i think it has something to do with going between the two images, and copy/pasting things from one to the other. The names stay the same, but one image is completely overwritten, multiple layers and the image size a perfect copy. and there’s no way to get the old image back!
Why can’t pixelmator have a save/reload feature? This would easily fix the problem! Here’s a picture of the bug,

Edit: forgot to mention, I’m having this specific problem on the iOS version. I’d be worried if other versions are having the same issue though!

2022-01-03 13:15:31

Hey Tlilly. That's super weird! I've tried different combinations trying to reproduce this but with no success so far. So any other info you could share about your workflow, the type of layers these files contain, or where they're stored on your device would be a big help. :pray:

2022-01-03 21:41:53

They’re regular layers. And i store them on the pixelmator app, I’m pretty sure! I think going out of the app and into other apps has a hand in it, that and copy/pasting things from another file in the pixelmator app.

2022-01-15 21:05:11

I have frequently had this problem. It is something related to renaming the file. And/or thumbnail rendering. If you rename a project the chances of it getting replaced by another project go way way up. Out of paranoia (from having lost a lot of projects due to this bug) I now avoid renaming projects altogether (despite the inherent convenience it provides) and each time I save a project, I export a copy of it for safety, or publish a png of it to photos just in case. That way you have back ups.

2022-01-24 11:16:55

I've returned to try to reproduce the issue again and it seems that weird things do start happening if you duplicate the project and start working between the copy and the original. So far, I haven't managed to break the files themselves but the project thumbnails seem to be updating strangely. I've also noticed somewhat similar behavior when working on duplicated presentations in Keynote so it's very possible that the issue is with the iOS file manager API.

2022-02-08 00:53:09

That could definitely be the case. iPadOS’s file manager is a bit of a mess. For me, there is still no photo editing app in the App Store tHat gets it like pixelmator. I love how simple it is to use. You can get awesome results but with an easy to use interface. I’ve wasted so much money on the expensive apps, with millions of tools and features, But always missing the ones I want and an easy way to access them. it’d take me days to accomplish anything with them. If it’s even possible. What occasional glitches come up in pixelmator are 100% worth it to have an app that was actually designed correctly for the iPad. Thank you.

2022-03-19 22:01:35

Uggggg just lost FIVE hours of work on a project due to this glitch. SO FRUSTRATING!!!! PLEASE FIX IT!!!