Rounded Corners on Shapes

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2020-11-14 07:47:59

I'm trying to achieve a rounded corner star, but I can't achieve this in Pixelmator Pro. I only want to curve the actual points of the star very slightly. It would be great to have the same Rounded Corners option as on a square.

Thanks.

2020-11-20 13:21:58

Hey Tim, if you add a stroke to your shape with the same color as the fill, set its position to Center, and make it a few pixels wide, you should get rounded corners. I'm not 100% sure that's what you're going for, but I feel it should work. If not, could you share a visual example of what you'd like to achieve?

2022-07-09 14:20:53

Hi Andrius,

I am trying to get rounded corners on the Parallelogram shape and tried the above trick but did not get rounded corners.
Besides me finding a Parallelogram with rounded corners online I was hoping to do this with a native shape.

Thanks,

Roland

2022-07-09 15:23:26

I attempted this too. I chose to take a rounded rectangle then take the top two sets of editable points and shift them right, as in the image below. The only problems I saw was two "corners" (circled) were oddly shaped but easily fixable. Then all you have to do is add the "rounded parallelogram" to the basic shapes. Would that suffice? Though an adjustable corner - ala rounded rectangle - would be easier. There used to be a "refine shape" syntax which would do everything nicely. Wonder what happened to it? Image

2022-08-06 23:00:18

add
by Andrius Hey Tim, if you add a stroke to your shape with the same color as the fill, set its position to Center, and make it a few pixels wide, you should get rounded corners. I'm not 100% sure that's what you're going for, but I feel it should work. If not, could you share a visual example of what you'd like to achieve?
please make this function so it is possible to give a radius to any point, as it works in rounded rectangle