Rocket science: how the hell do I get the circular text to flip without ending up upside down??

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2020-08-24 02:11:27

Circular text outside the circle at the top is easy.

But how do I get it outside the circle at the bottom?

Flipping it vertically puts it upside down. Rotating it 180 does the same thing.

Is there no way to have it outside the circle at the bottom? I mean, it's such an obvious option, but I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Please help. Thank you.

2020-08-24 09:12:02

Hey there, getting the text outside the circle at the bottom of the circle would probably need to reverse the direction of the text and I don't think this is a standard feature in other image editors either. But, with a few extra steps, you can achieve the same effect. Here's how I'd go about it:

1. Draw an ellipse to act as your main guide for the text (set its style to have no fill and a simple 1 or 2 pixel stroke):

2. Choose the Type tool, click the top of the ellipse, and add your top text:

3. Choose the Ellipse layer again, press the Command-J keyboard shortcut (or Shift-Command-D or Command-C/Command-V) to duplicate the layer

4. Choose the Arrange tool and while pressing and holding the Shift and Option keys, resize the new ellipse until it's just outside your top text:

5. Choose the Type tool and click anywhere inside the bottom of this new ellipse to create another circular type layer and type your bottom text:

After doing this, you can obviously hide or delete both ellipse layers.

Hope that helps!

2020-09-02 21:08:20

@Andrius

Thank you so much! :thumbs_up:

2020-10-15 04:57:32

Thanks for the info!! I was finally able to accomplish what I had been wanting to do for a LONG time!

2020-10-15 15:51:11

by Scott in Japan 2020-10-15 01:57:32 Thanks for the info!! I was finally able to accomplish what I had been wanting to do for a LONG time!
Awesome!

P.S. Welcome to the forum. :wink:

2023-05-16 12:47:43

Sorry - English is not my language and I am really having difficulties to follow the instructions. I am trying and trying but somehow I just cannot mange. Is this this working the same way with Pixelmator Pro 3.3.2? But most probably I just need some more detailed information and especially some illustration. Is there any chance you could do a video for us?

At the same time I am having the following question: I am choosing a round text and draw a circle. After I have entered the text I realize that the circle is too big. To reduce the shape proportionally is one thing I am not successful. How can I reduce the circle to mach that size to my text and not the text to the size of the circle.

Any idea or am I just too complicated?
Many thanks and best regards

2023-08-04 15:41:43

WORKS!
Thank you.