Pixelmator Pro compatible with a Wacom Tablet?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2020-06-05 17:11:26

I'm brand new to my new 2019 Maci9 & Pixelmator Pro. I got Pixelmator Pro primarily to edit photos in Apple Photos. I'm also interested in experimenting with a Wacom Tablet so I can edit freehand. Has anybody any experience with using Pixelmator Pro on a Mac and also using a Wacom Tablet? I don't want to spend the money buying a tablet if I can't use it with Pixelmator.

Thanks in advance,

Stainless

2020-06-08 07:12:49

Hi there, Wacom tablets do indeed work with Pixelmator Pro! In fact, tablet inputs are handled by macOS so, as long as the tablet is Mac-compatible, it will work in Pixelmator Pro. Just out of interest, what kind of edits would you be making to photos using a tablet — retouching, etc.?

2022-12-29 13:07:26

I use Pixelmator Pro for vector designs and just ordered a Wacom tablet for my Capture One Pro …Can I use this tablet with the Pixelmator Pro

2022-12-29 14:06:35

@USAntigoon, for this kind of work I won't use a tablet at all; just a "classic" 3 button mouse and a dedicated vector drawing app - definitely. Just my 2 ct of course.

2022-12-30 01:53:13

by EllenM @USAntigoon, for this kind of work I won't use a tablet at all; just a "classic" 3 button mouse and a dedicated vector drawing app - definitely. Just my 2 ct of course.
I also have Affinity Designer V2, but do prefer Pixelmator Pro as I have been using it since day one...

2022-12-30 10:25:51

No one is holding you back from using PM-Pro for this - but as a vector-veteran from the 80ties it´s a lot easier for me to do it in a dedicated vector software.

2023-01-03 02:50:36

by EllenM No one is holding you back from using PM-Pro for this - but as a vector-veteran from the 80ties it´s a lot easier for me to do it in a dedicated vector software.
Some software preferences please, if possible..

2023-01-03 10:58:00

Where´s your artwork gone? When you have done this in PM Pro: Chapeau!
You have already a dedicated vector app in your portfolio as you mentioned above. Though I have pretty much all available SVG editors for Macs available I still rely on Open Source Inkscape since 2004. It all started with Altsys Freehand in the 80ties for me.
(But never get used to work on my drawing display for vector art pieces.)

2023-01-03 11:37:55

by EllenM Where´s your artwork gone? When you have done this in PM Pro: Chapeau!
You have already a dedicated vector app in your portfolio as you mentioned above. Though I have pretty much all available SVG editors for Macs available I still rely on Open Source Inkscape since 2004. It all started with Altsys Freehand in the 80ties for me.
(But never get used to work on my drawing display for vector art pieces.)
I removed it as I realized that this rendition was not ready for release..so I am including another one..

Indeed I use Pixelmator Pro for this and agree the Wacom tablet might be handy for the colorization but the vector design is still best with the magic Apple mouse..Thanks for the discussion..

2023-01-03 12:02:53

Awesome artwork. :thumbs_up: (Small nitpicking: I´d use a shallow wavy waterline and do a little shearing on the ships name.)

2023-01-03 12:15:58

by EllenM Awesome artwork. :thumbs_up: (Small nitpicking: I´d use a shallow wavy waterline and do a little shearing on the ships name.)
Will play with it some more in next setup..I do this for free for some of my sailing friends..I am 80 years old and need to stay mentally busy…hahaha.

2023-01-03 14:57:23

Well said and that´s a good plan.