Are There More Video Tutorials In The Pipeline?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2020-04-01 13:58:07

With being in lockdown I'm sure PP users will have enhanced their skills in the use of the software.

I don't have the skillset myself to produce videos so was wondering if the PP team are producing any more tutorials, or if anyone knows of a good resource online that I've been missing?

Incidentally, please don't take this post as a criticism or any form of negativity, it's more of a stuck-in-doors-touring-YouTube question. There seems to be a lot of 'how to' videos from others and it's a pity that there's not more out there for PP users.

2020-04-01 15:05:16

We've been intending to create more tutorials for quite a while now but, to be honest, releases have kept us busy and so tutorials keep getting neglected. HOWEVER! We've got a pretty clear plan for what we'll be focusing on in the near future. First — a Getting Started guide (in text format with lots of short videos/animations) and more text tutorials. As for videos, we'd love to work on them, but that format is probably best for more specific 'how to do x' guides rather than overviews and we're not sure if we've got quite enough ideas to start something. But it's definitely on our minds.
by bogheadben 2020-04-01 11:31:38 Incidentally, please don't take this post as a criticism or any form of negativity, it's more of a stuck-in-doors-touring-YouTube question. There seems to be a lot of 'how to' videos from others and it's a pity that there's not more out there for PP users.
Hey, it's a valid criticism so it's all good. :wink: We (and everyone, really) can always do better!

2020-04-01 15:16:40

by Andrius 2020-04-01 15:10:14 We've been intending to create more tutorials for quite a while now but, to be honest, releases have kept us busy and so tutorials keep getting neglected. HOWEVER! We've got a pretty clear plan for what we'll be focusing on in the near future. First — a Getting Started guide (in text format with lots of short videos/animations) and more text tutorials. As for videos, we'd love to work on them, but that format is probably best for more specific 'how to do x' guides rather than overviews and we're not sure if we've got quite enough ideas to start something. But it's definitely on our minds.

Hey, it's a valid criticism so it's all good. :wink: We (and everyone, really) can always do better!
Thanks Andrius.

There are skilled graphic designers out there who I'm sure know how to h=get the best out of PP - for me, I'm only scratching the surface and learning by trial (and lots of) error.

I'm particularly interested in composite images and the use of masking etc. I'm getting there but some things that I think should work don't and so on. Knowledge is power!

Anyhoo, keep up the great work and stay safe.

2022-09-13 19:15:23

MORE SPAM form Lorenzo45 who joined today and made ONE post: SPAM!