History list in Pro?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2022-12-08 03:06:49

I see we now have video editing in Pixelmator... but still no history panel!

2022-12-09 21:07:52

by Andrius If you knew what our roadmap looked like, you'd probably say, "OK, OK, leave the history tool for later..." :smile:

And no, we won't reveal everything in advance. :smirk:
So 2 years later and after many more updates (even the most recent one with video editing)... I'm thinking most would have opted to have the history feature added instead what is considered "priority".

Priority in the developers eyes aren't necessarily priority in the customers'. Customers may see it as, "oh cool I can edit videos now. But I still can't check the history of my edits. ...not even while editing videos. ironic, isn't it?" I'm certain that the creation of making this new video feature was way more taxing on time and work hours than that of a way to look back on editing history.

Here is a real question that I'm sure everyone here would like to know the answer to...how many requests were there to be able to edit videos?

I still say that if you are competing in any way against others (physical ability, intelligence, racing, sports, developing software, creating hardware, etc etc) you want to show those watching that you can do what the competition is doing but you do it better, do it faster and do it right. This gains attention from people and if the results are good enough, people become fans and fans become faithful.

Though ignore what the fans want and they'll look towards the competition for what they desire and forget all about you.

The easy thing to do is super simple...ask the customers would they would like via a poll. The popular vote wins and that feature gets added in the next update (depending on the difficulty of the project of course).

If there are any ideas coming from staff inside Pixelmator's own house, and there are thoughts like, "oh that's a great idea! customers will love it! I can't wait for them to see it when we release it, they're gonna go nuts!"...before keeping it secret and never telling us what it is, just be forward just ask the customers if it is something they would like implemented. You may end up saving yourself a bunch of time, money and disappointed customers.

Which costs more, new templates for graphics design and then another biggie with video editing features or a simple little history list showing edits? My money is on the history list being much less costly.

2022-12-10 18:33:00

by Sensored Lens
So 2 years later and after many more updates (even the most recent one with video editing)... I'm thinking most would have opted to have the history feature added instead what is considered "priority".
Though I have no interest in history per se, you made a great argument for it. Sometimes the simplest 'fixes' reap the most rewards.
( I'm still waiting for vector anchor point alignments. viewtopic.php?t=18458 :disappointed: )

Thanks

2022-12-23 12:43:00

Please a history tool next year

2022-12-25 00:41:46

New Pro user and Photoshop convert here, surprised to find that this basic feature is missing!

2023-03-10 12:20:08

Any news regarding this feature request? I think in Pix Pro this feature would be awesome. thank you

2023-03-19 22:44:33

I think a history tool would make Pix Pro super awesome.

2023-05-21 23:41:50

Didn't know such basic tool as history is missing here.
Please consider adding.

2023-07-07 14:38:24

In Photomator please, please, please implement an edit history function, data that could travel with the photo if so wished, so edits could be reverted a step at a time anytime in the future and a new path taken at any point.

2023-08-03 07:27:35

History list it is just a must... I still wait before I buy this product.

2023-08-29 03:50:44

Yes, was about to go to my Mac to buy Pixelmator Pro and thought I'd read a few reviews just in case. Then I came across the statement there's no history list. Now can't do it, not having the history list would drive me nuts.

2023-09-20 11:36:19

by Mojo Full time photographer here, Testing out the trial version of Pixelmator Pro for first time. After editing a few images I was surprised to discover there is no "History listing." That is a critical, time-saving tool for me, versus using command Z repeatedly. Cheers.
+1

2023-09-20 11:36:46

by PiotrM History list it is just a must... I still wait before I buy this product.
+1

2023-11-26 08:25:03

Hello,

any news if you would implement this feature? Any chance we see an update to Pix Pro this year? Thanks.

2023-11-26 13:19:19

Plus 1 on this basic editing thing

2023-11-27 08:49:56

Just switched to Pixelmator Pro and a search for a History Panel brought me here.

So yes, please add an interface for the history, endlessly clicking Command-Z is tedious.

By the way, Affinity Photo can provide inspiration, if needed... 😉

2023-12-08 16:45:32

Pixelmator Pro doesn't have a dedicated history list like Photoshop, but you can check out the History Scrubber at the bottom. It gives you a visual timeline of your edits, and you can jump back to any point.

2023-12-08 22:39:09

Only does revert to saved versions - so for those edits between saves still has to use ⌘Z.

BTW, Sophie, what "bottom" are you referring to? On a specific workspace or something?
I can only revert via the menu [ File -> Revert to -> ] Is there another way?

2023-12-09 18:56:05

Two years ago, I came by this thread and requested history, like many others.
Pixelmator will almost certainly never add this feature, not before we turn 80 years old anyhow.

It is unfortunate, because many of us just want a Photoshop alternative with history.
Maybe the execs don't see enough money in it, or maybe adding history post-hoc requires a monumental rewrite of some sort.
I am commenting while putting my dashed hopes of using Pixelmator to rest, adieu.

2023-12-14 10:42:11

A quote from them: "If you knew what our roadmap looked like, you'd probably say, 'OK, OK, leave the history tool for later.'"

It's crazy to think they acknowledge the importance of this feature, and 7 years later, it still hasn't been implemented. Even a free alternative Photoshop like Photopea has this feature.
It's surprising that Pixelmator Pro can't do it.

2024-01-23 14:39:51

This is so frustrating, please add this feature.