How to make one PDF from a batch of many Pixelmatorpro images exported in the Document format?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2022-02-03 04:31:05

I'm a new user of Pixelmator Pro trying to find my way around it. Am used to an old (CS6) version of Photoshop so how to find things here is a bit daunting at present. I've formatted and saved in pxd a batch of about 80 images, all the same size and resolution, and exported them to my iMac desktop in PixelmatorPro Document format. Is there a way I can now put them into a single PDF, in the right order? Or if not a PDF, some other multiple-image document which can be easily viewed?

2022-02-03 08:09:16

I usually do this with Preview.app. Open all images at the same time, select all miniatures from the side bar - hit cmd+P for Printing and then go PDF->Save as PDF.

2022-02-03 14:05:26

Many thanks Ellen. I'll try this today.

2022-02-09 14:23:50

by EllenM 2022-02-03 13:09:16 I usually do this with Preview.app. Open all images at the same time, select all miniatures from the side bar - hit cmd+P for Printing and then go PDF->Save as PDF.
PREVIEW is a very underappreciated app and can solve many issues without spending additional money on fancy tools.

2023-05-14 00:26:20

by EllenM I usually do this with Preview.app. Open all images at the same time, select all miniatures from the side bar - hit cmd+P for Printing and then go PDF->Save as PDF.
Problem with this method is, AFAIK, there isn't a way to have the PDF make each page cropped to the image size. You have to select a page size and all are placed on the page.

2023-05-14 08:03:23

Yes - PDF is a page based file format - and how it´s handled mostly depends on the printer driver. In my common set up the images are maxed out on the page to fit in the printable area horizontally or vertically which I find a good thing - instead of having pages of different sizes in a presentation. Just my 2¢.