Can we "solo" a layer?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2023-03-29 03:55:57

Some of my more ambitious projects have dozens of layers to them, it would be really nice to be able to right-click on a layer and "Solo" it, such that the system would temporarily auto-hide every other layer. Unchecking solo would restore all the previous layers states (hidden or shown).

Does pixelmator already have this feature?

2023-03-29 22:37:38

I'm using a keyboard for Windows, but it should solo a layer if you select all the layers then press "alt" (I think the Apple version is "ctrl") while you click the checkmark

2023-04-01 22:33:25

@Acheya

Awesome! It was ⌥ (Option) + Click layer for me. Thanks!

2023-05-21 16:04:20

by scpedicini @Acheya

Awesome! It was ⌥ (Option) + Click layer for me. Thanks!
How do you undo it? It's like it worked the way I wanted once, then wouldn't work again or undo it like I thought. I don't know if it has to do with the fact I selected and cut a portion out of the layer, but I think it should restore all layers to their previous status like before

2023-05-30 18:28:10

I would be nice to be able to "unsolo" a layer. I too have 50 or so layers. I solo the one I want to focus on. Now I have to individually select all the unselected layers. I can click and drag across the unselected layers but that's still annoying.

The instructions say click on first layer, shift-click on the last layer I want to select. But that isn't working in the latest version. 3.3.5