Suddenly, the "Arrange" Tool (V), begins to make a duplicate copy of every object I try to move.

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2023-03-26 06:58:23

There must be some kind of keyboard shortcut that I do not realize I am hitting. But... for some reason... While I am creating vector graphics in Pixelmator Pro, I will press V to bring up the Arrange tool, so that I can move objects around, but when I select an object... it instantly duplicates it, and I am just moving around the copy.

I deselect the object, delete this new copy... re-press V to make sure I have the Arrange tool selected, and the same things happens. So I do it all again... this time, I click directly on the Arrange tool... but it does the same thing again. It doesn't just "move" an object, it copy and moves it.

I looked very carefully at the mouse cursor and I can tell that I must have some tool other than the Arrange tool selected, because even the mouse cursor looks like the Arrange tool, duplicated on top of itself. But when I go to the Customize Tools ellipsis... and I look through all the tools available, I do not see this "double arrange" tool icon.

Anybody know this issue?

2023-03-26 15:20:40

"V" Just allows you to select and move an object. (I don't see that it duplicates an object in my Pix Pro.) Holding down the "option ⌥" key does do what you described.

You can go to Apple "System Settings" -> "Keyboard" -> App Shortcuts" to see if Pixelmator Pro has any in app settings.

2023-03-26 17:16:52

Dude... I feel like a doooooooofus!!! I spilled some soup onto my MacBook Pro a few weeks ago, and I thought all was okay... but... my Option key is sticking in the "pressed" position. So this is not a problem with Pixelmator Pro. It's a problem with tomato basil bisque. Doh!!!