Exported text looks wrong in Apple Motion

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2023-03-21 13:35:42

Hi All,

I exported my first motion project from Pixelmator from an SVG file which contains a vector logo.

When I opened the project in Motion I noticed the logo looks bad. The path has been altered in the process and it looks like the logo has a faux bold look to it. The trademark mark is not bold when I was using a thin typeface and the rest of the logo looks totally wrong.

I wonder if there's something I can do on my end to get it to look right because I can't really start animating a logo that looks wrong.

I have attached a comparison of two letter e's of the logo with a difference blending mode in photoshop to showcase the difference in width between the two vector paths ( in motion vs Pixelmator )

Pixelmator

Motion

Difference

2023-03-21 13:36:50

Thanks in advance for the help!

2023-03-21 13:49:17

I tried the option of exporting a psd file optimised for Final Cut Pro and imported as a layered file into motion. I'm happy to report this option looks good and I can definitely work with this file.

[ Edited ]

Nevermind, that PSD is all rastered output, I got confused by the names of the layers ( path 1 etc...) .

2023-03-21 14:56:15

I have found that the problem is related to Motion's shape aliasing. If you select Render / Custom quality and disable Shape Aliasing vectors don't look like there is an extra outline around them as I previously reported. Instead, vector shapes look very rough like pixelated...

2023-03-21 15:04:48

Differences are more obvious here:

2023-03-21 15:10:04

Hi Diego! Would you be able to send the PXD file over to us at support@pixelmator.com so we could take a closer look at this behavior?

2023-03-21 15:37:24

by simonasd Hi Diego! Would you be able to send the PXD file over to us at support@pixelmator.com so we could take a closer look at this behavior?
File sent!