Crosshatch Brush Strokes Effect

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2023-03-21 09:15:45

Hey folks,
I googled this thread dated back to 2018, but I still can't find the Brush Strokes Effects in the Pixelmator Pro.

Have the brush stroke effects been implemented after all? Maybe they just named differently...

In particular I'm looking for the Crosshatch effect, maybe there is an easy way to replicate the effect in Pixelmator?

Thanks!

2023-03-21 09:44:53

Hi there! No, these effects aren't available in Pixelmator Pro at the moment. The closest effects I could suggest would be the Comic and Threshold effects.

Unfortunately the priority for this feature on our roadmap has gone down over time, as we were constantly working on other features and improvements that we saw as being of higher importance. There are many of those left on the roadmap even now, too, so I must say that while we would definitely like to add brush stroke effects to Pixelmator Pro, at this point it's a feature that's most likely to only happen in the long-term.

2023-03-21 10:26:14

Ah ok, no worries, I'll try to play with the effects you suggested...

Still, I'm quite impressed with the amount of features, and super happy with my purchase so far!