Copy and paste attribute/effects

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2023-03-13 18:44:11

Hi, I've searched high and low but I can't seem to find a way to copy the attributes and/or effects from one layer to the mext.

eg. I add 5 stills to a project and want to add borders, a color correction, some gaussian blur and some transformations (size, rotation, shape and position) to them all. In Final Cut Pro, I could copy and "paste attributes" - at which point I can select which attributes to apply.

Is there something similar in Pixelmator Pro? I've can't seem to use the copy/paste items under the format menu (eg format -> style -> copy styles, because they're gray'd out ... and I'm perplexed why that's so, but can't find any mentions in documentation on this.

Hope someone can help. Love Pixelmator :-)

2023-03-14 11:40:12

Have you tried: context click on Image Layer->Color Adjustments->Copy Adjustments select next image Layer context-click then Image Layer->Color Adjustments->Paste Adjustments? Same with Styles.

2023-03-16 16:08:14

Thanks, that works for styles and color adjustments, but I was hoping for transformations, effects and other settings, too.

Maybe this doesn't exist as a single step.

2023-09-02 03:08:09

I am doing a workaround - set up one picture with FX and transformations etc, then use SHIFT COMMAND R [format, replace layer, files . . . ]
Select a file and it will replace the image in the existing layer, leaving the other stuff intact.