How to align objects relative to one another and control which object moves?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2023-03-06 15:51:05

If you have a circle on the left side of the image canvas, and a triangle on the right side of the image canvas, I know that you can select both objects, then click the align buttons, Align Left, Align Right, Align Bottom, etc, and the objects with snap and align to those parameters. But... it seems arbitrary which object will actually move. For example, if I need the circle to stay where it is, and move the triangle to overlap the circle in the center, I do not see any way to stipulate... "Align these two objects, but keep Object 1 in place."

2023-03-06 20:11:20

If align top (two items) it will only move the lower item's top to match the top of the highest topped item ; vices versa align bottom will only move the higher item bottom to match the bottom of the lowest item bottom.
Align left will only move the rightmost item, and vice versa for left. If there are multiple items to move the same rules apply; for align top to all lower item tops will move the topmost item's top.

Easy to practice; eyeball your placement then do aligns and watch the corrections. Layers and groups behave the same way.