Editing photo of a Milky way // apply edits to part of image?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2023-03-02 07:45:09

Hi,

Everyone is using Lightroom and Photoshop for wide angle Milky way shots, I wonder if same could be done with Pixelmator.
Any tutorials out there or anything?

Also can I apply things like exposure, highlights, contrast, texture to specific area of the photo?
I suppose that would be needed for MW shots.

Here is a photo of MW if anyone would like to give it a try:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XtGnbY ... VAhf0/view

2023-03-02 08:39:18

Is there any technical difference between a landscape panorama and a milky way picture? Why not try yourself - or what kind of edits you want to apply. Not everyone is an ex PS+Lr user here.

2023-03-02 09:58:34

by EllenM Is there any technical difference between a landscape panorama and a milky way picture? Why not try yourself - or what kind of edits you want to apply. Not everyone is an ex PS+Lr user here.
I don't understand your question.

Normally I only use Pixinsight for deep sky astro processing, but I want to try doing some wide angle Milky way shots (with foreground).
I don't own PS or LR, that's why I'm wondering if that can be done with Pixelmator Pro.

And as I asked, I need to know if it's possible to apply different settings just for specific area of the photo, not whole photo.

2023-03-02 10:41:14

You can apply masks to different selections of course and process/apply adjustments of any kind to the masked/unmasked areas to your liking. Free trial is available.

2023-03-03 05:25:47

While Lightroom and Photoshop are commonly used for wide angle Milky Way shots, Pixelmator can also be used for this purpose. There are several tutorials available online that can guide you through the process of editing Milky Way shots in Pixelmator. One such tutorial is available on the Pixelmator website itself.

Regarding applying adjustments to specific areas of the photo, Pixelmator does offer a feature called "Selective Color Adjustments" which allows you to make precise adjustments to specific areas of your photo. This can be helpful when editing Milky Way shots where you may want to apply adjustments to specific parts of the image, such as the core of the Milky Way. You can also use masks to isolate specific areas of your image for editing.

2023-03-03 08:02:10

by AnneGodkoyj While Lightroom and Photoshop are commonly used for wide angle Milky Way shots, Pixelmator can also be used for this purpose. There are several tutorials available online that can guide you through the process of editing Milky Way shots in Pixelmator. One such tutorial is available on the Pixelmator website itself.

Regarding applying adjustments to specific areas of the photo, Pixelmator does offer a feature called "Selective Color Adjustments" which allows you to make precise adjustments to specific areas of your photo. This can be helpful when editing Milky Way shots where you may want to apply adjustments to specific parts of the image, such as the core of the Milky Way. You can also use masks to isolate specific areas of your image for editing.
Where have you seen turorials? I can’t find single one, not even on official website.

Selective color isn’t enough, I would need to have something like Radial filter, is such thing possible?