How to use De-Noise in Pix Pro

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2023-02-07 15:14:50

You came to the right place if you want to learn how to properly use this amazingly...useless tool.

Yep, the de-noise tool in Pix pro is rubbish, garbage, trash, junk, janky. The only way to proper remove noise from an image is to use other software, any other software will do. Let's go over why I feel this way...

1. So you want to remove noise from your image? Well you have to dig around Pix Pro to try to actually find that tool. Or waste time googling to find out where it is, how to use it and then find out that it doesn't work anyway!
2. The instructions on how to remove noise found here, do not work. https://www.pixelmator.com/support/guid ... -pro/1188/
3. You can only remove noise from the imported image not a color adjustment layer as mentioned in that link.
4. There is no way to adjust the amount of noise removed from the imported image.
5. You can not use a color adjustment layer and a mask to target a specific part of your image to remove noise. (The before and after slider shows no difference)
6. Want to remove noise from the sky in your image but not from architecture? Too bad! Noise removal for the whole imported image and to hell with your image's details.
7. Someone here will post something mentioning how this can be done with multiple steps, multiple masks, taking multiple minutes to do something that should take seconds rather than 10s of minutes with trial and error. And all simply because they want to defend and show their undying support for a software developer that truly needs better leadership.

Why not just tells us the truth? Just say...

"Want to edit videos? No? Too bad!! We have been working on this for the past 5 years and you're getting it whether you want it or not!"

"Want templates? No? Too Bad!! We give you things you don't ask for and you complain! We don't give you things that you DO ask for and you complain. You people can't be happy!"

So whats the next useless release, guys? Being able to type up an email from right within Pixlemator Pro so that we can paste gif images we can create using the the gif creator tool in Pix Pro?

Christ! Look at the requests. Satisfy those requests! And stop doing what Apple tells you to do. If this was a hard job, Adobe couldn't do it, Skylum couldn't do it, ON1 couldn't do it. But it isn't hard. And they can do it because they listen to their customer base. Who you guys listen to must be way too embarrassing to mention in a public setting. ...or it's too pricey to mention.

2023-02-09 16:17:08

That is about the worst way to respond to software developers. SensordLens - I think you should use the other tools you mentioned.
Please don't bother to respond.

2023-02-14 14:26:19

by mccoytest That is about the worst way to respond to software developers. SensordLens - I think you should use the other tools you mentioned.
Please don't bother to respond.
It's all out of frustration. When I'm interrupted by stupidity in software, I get upset. And when it happens more than once, more than twice, etc etc with different things in the software, my frustration turns to irritation. And that irritation urges me to call people out on things like this. Which also reminds me of how many other customers have requested a features years ago that have never surfaced. Some are features that are simple common sense features that are actual useful features. They are always referred to by Pix Staff as "in the plan", or "we'll keep that in mind". But then years later and nope...no where to be seen. Why not? Why not even any acknowledgment as to why they decide to not do those things?

I do actually use other tools to get things done that Pix can't do. It's something everyone does. It's common practice. Not every software can do everything and that's a given. We as customers accept that. But damn...software now a days should be able to do the freaking basics (de-noise in this particular case) without having users jump through hoops to do it or find the damned tool. And when you do find it, it should very well work the way an instructional says it should. But it doesn't it. When I see things like this, it makes me wonder if the developers even use the software. Because if they did, they'd realize that placement of such tools just do not work when you use common sense in your workflow. If they used the tool, they would also realize when a tool doesn't work as it should or as it is explained in a tutorial.

I'm just frustrated with how things like this stop you in your tracks and make you google how to do it. Those who aren't frustrated by this actually have the money to spare on a monthly fee to Adobe. So those customers just simply use PS and LR when they can't do something in Pixlemator Pro. This isn't my case. I actually depend on Pixlemator Pro.

2023-02-15 15:57:56

DxO PhotoLab 6 Elite Deep Prime and Deep PrimeXD, no problem.

2023-02-23 10:56:58

by Sensored Lens Y
"Want to edit videos? No? Too bad!! We have been working on this for the past 5 years and you're getting it whether you want it or not!"

And as a résumé to your conclusions, one could also say that Adobe doesn't listen to its users too and only integrated video editing into Lightroom out of pure coincidence. As if software development had ever been a wish-fulfillment concert. Just saying.

2023-02-26 18:08:00

by EllenM
And as a résumé to your conclusions, one could also say that Adobe doesn't listen to its users too and only integrated video editing into Lightroom out of pure coincidence. As if software development had ever been a wish-fulfillment concert. Just saying.
I know nothing of this since I don't subscribe to them. But it's Adobe...so it's not surprising that they don't listen. Pixelmator isn't as big as Adobe. So you would think they would listen to their small customer base and try to please them so that they don't lose what little they have (and I mean "little" as when you compare the customer size difference to Adobe).

Pix Pro...just listen and come through. That's all that is asked. And it's not much of an ask at all.

Anyone who reads this, anyone at all...just take a look at the request section. Read through them and take note of the dates of when they were posted. It can be quite frustrating to see some of the older reasonable requests still not added.

2023-03-01 10:28:33

I see only one solution for you - just uninstall and go on with other programs.

2023-03-01 16:49:37

I am truly sorry that many if not all of you have been turned off or offended by the frustration and truth of my post (if it's not true, then please prove me wrong...genuinely, please do) . But in all honesty, is there a solution? And if not, why?

A few other topics to consider...
So the lens correction feature...it's been 3 years since this post. Betting all your money on Apple RAW fixing things isn't factoring in the many different lenses out there. We know damn well that Apple isn't that innovative any more. viewtopic.php?t=17812

And the History request? There are 3 pages with people who want it. But even after 6 years from the date of that post it still has not been included. Why?
viewtopic.php?t=15201&hilit=history
There are many many more topics/requests that seem to be brushed off with the usual blanket statements by the Pix team, never giving life to those feature requests made by paying customers.

My guess is that we'll see a lot of community feature requests go live on the subscription based format of Pixelmator Pro+.