Creating Vector Shape from Components

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2023-02-26 18:33:05

Admittedly, I've only dabbled with vector tools in PP, but I have viewed the tutorial and online support many times but I am stuck with a problem.

I'm trying to create a curved line (which will eventually be an arrow) and use image fill effect. I can do this with standard shapes but have not done this with lines I've drawn.

I have no problem with stroke, as you can see. But when I try the image fill I am only able to fill the stroke of the shape.

I have tried grouping components, merging components, and uniting components without success. I figured there was something to be done with editing the shape, but I have tried everything I can think of without success.

Can someone please help me so I don't waste more time?

Thank you.

Danny

2023-02-26 23:31:01

Hi Danny.
It´s actually, after you´ve drawn your (closed) shape hitting "Add Style" and choose "Fill" - then adjust the color accordingly.

2023-02-27 00:20:25

Thanks for your reply.

I was doing Add Style and Fill correctly. This shape is 4 different lines and I think the problem is I don't know how to combine them into one closed shape--I have tried everything I can think of.

2023-02-27 18:35:34

Why you draw 4 separate lines escapes me, but here is how to make it one single closed shape:
1. Select the 4 lines and go Format->Shape->Unite Shapes then Format->Merge Shape Components
2. Go in Edit mode and select 2 nodes and ctrl/click and choose->Join or at least Close Path
3. Go Style->Add Stye=Fill and adjust color to your liking: