Photos extension support for videos and more Super Resolution options

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2023-01-29 19:13:50

While it is nice that you added video editing support, I still can't open the Pixelmator Pro extension when editing videos in the Photos app, even though you can edit videos in Pixelmator Pro now, which really sucks because I can't edit videos non-destructively. If I open a whole new Pixelmator Pro file to edit a video, saving the video destroys the metadata and creates a separate copy without the geotagging, metadata information, and original date. Another issue with video editing is the lack of flexibility for ML Super Resolution upscaling. You can only upscale to 4K if you're editing a 720p video. If I try upscaling a 1080p video, it upscales to just under 6K. Not only is that overkill as I don't have any screens greater than 4K (every >4K screen is still astronomically expensive even in 2023), but the specific resolution of the upscaled videos (5760x3240) doesn't natively exist on any screens in the market that I know of (the only two 6K screens, Apple's Pro Display XDR, in which several aspects of it have aged poorly and are outdated now; and a cheaper Dell monitor that still has yet to be released, have different 6K resolutions than the resolution of the upscaled videos, so the videos would look bad on those displays, not to mention those displays - especially the Apple one - are astronomically expensive). Is there any way to upscale 1080p videos to just 4K? And I would also like an ML tool to convert older videos to Dolby Vision, cause when I view my videos on my phone, every older video (or any not shot on my 13 Pro Max) appears so dull and lifeless in comparison to the ones I shot on my phone, which look like Hollywood movie quality in comparison. Another issue with Super Resolution, especially in Photos, is even with the refinements to it, upscaled images still look unnatural as if they've been painted over. And the Clarity updates in the iOS app (Pixelmator Photo) are strangely absent from the full app on the Mac