Clipping Masks and SVG output

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2022-10-14 21:07:16

Hi all,
I have the following situation that is not producing the expected output and I hope someone is supportive:

1. create new document
2. draw three overlapping different greys squares (shapes)
3. a new yellow shape on top covering partially the three squares with a blend mode = multiply so that the effect is visible on all the three squares below.

to achieve this: I first grouped the three squares and then I used clipping mask from the top layer after having set the blend mode to multiply. In theory this works while within PP but ....

In this picture you can see with Chrome what is the resulting file once you cmd-E to export.

Blending is Lost. Same thing in Safari (and even worst in other softwares).

But I opened the file with textedit and it looks like a good SVG file...with correct parameters inside....

If instead I don't use clip mask then the resulting is obviously what I don't want but at least in this case is 1:1 with what I see in Pixelmator Pro.

What should I do to have the clipped mask AND the blend mode from the top on more than one layer ?

Thanks to all
Andrea

2022-10-20 14:06:49

Hi Andrea, we've taken a look at this and it seems to be an SVG support bug. Unfortunately, as it stands right now, Pixelmator Pro seems to be unable to save an SVG file that would preserve both clipping masks and blend modes. Our developers are working on a fix for this as we speak.

2022-10-27 12:42:13

Thanks simonasd, I really appreciate this answer from your team. I am looking forward to see further improvements on the "vector" side of PP in the future

2023-01-18 19:30:12

+1 for fixing this SVG export problem

I'm guessing it is related to what I found here:
viewtopic.php?t=21450&hilit=svg