Keyframe Animations

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2023-01-06 14:41:10

Now that it is possible to add video layers in Pixelmator, it would be really nice to have the ability to do simple keyframe animations. For example animating between transform values (size, position, rotation) and opacity. I could see this work with a timeline panel and easing options between keyframes.

Personally I would find this really useful for creating animated social media posts. Together the templating functions like smart replace, element alternatives and document colors this would really powerful for creating reusable templates.

2023-01-09 09:26:11

Hi Wessel! We considered adding in features like a timeline and keyframe animations, but ultimately decided against it as we see these features being better suited for a dedicated video editing or motion graphics app. While we do have some ideas in mind for additional video editing features, still image editing remains our primary focus.

2024-03-06 23:33:57

by simonasd Hi Wessel! We considered adding in features like a timeline and keyframe animations, but ultimately decided against it as we see these features being better suited for a dedicated video editing or motion graphics app. While we do have some ideas in mind for additional video editing features, still image editing remains our primary focus.
Could you guys be open to creating a spinoff of pixelmator pro that does support it eventually? I really love this app but hate moving over to other apps that support timelines/keyframes.