Select + Arrange tools to move selected area of the layer.

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2023-01-03 06:40:04

hello everyone.

I'm new to pixelmator pro, but I'm excited about its capabilities. many thanks to the creators of this program for an affordable and powerful tool!

in the process of using it, I had a question about using the combo of select and arrange tools. let's say I have a transparent layer with randomly scattered tree leaves. sometimes I can make a rectangle selection by grabbing a leaf and some more empty space around it. then I can just use the arrange tool and move the sheet as if it is on another layer. it works without cut/paste and looks seamlessly. but half the time it doesn't work, it just moves entire layer with leaves. although I do exactly the same.

I don't understand how it works. I would be grateful if someone would explain it to me.

2023-01-08 12:20:33

any help please?

2023-09-27 12:52:45

I encountered this as well. In earlier versions of Pixelmator Pro, the arrange tool would reliably move only the selected area of an image. Now, as you say, it is no longer reliable. However, you can do so as follows. Make a selection. Switch to the arrange tool. Next, you want to Transform the selection, which you can invoke from the Edit Menu, or right-click on the selection or use the keyboard shortcut command-T. You can now move only the selected area.