Why are essential photo editing features being sidelined for extras like video editing and AI templates?

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2022-12-23 04:43:29

I love Pixelmator Pro and I want to use it, but it can't entirely replace programs like Affinity Photo/Lightroom/etc. when it's missing critical features like:
- Chromatic aberration reduction / Defringe
- Lens profiles
- Color noise reduction
- Exposure stacking
- Panorama Stitching
- Lots of other things I can't think of right now but I'm sure are in many other feature request threads

It's not that features like video editing and templates aren't appreciated, but it doesn't make sense to prioritize those 'nice to have' when so many essential features don't even have plans for development. It's frustrating to see Pixelmator Pro become a jack of more and more trades and never master its primary one.

2022-12-23 12:39:03

I like all the new features they have added.

2022-12-23 19:23:55

by 9ven I love Pixelmator Pro and I want to use it, but it can't entirely replace programs like Affinity Photo/Lightroom/etc. when it's missing critical features like:
- Chromatic aberration reduction / Defringe
- Lens profiles
- Color noise reduction
- Exposure stacking
- Panorama Stitching
- Lots of other things I can't think of right now but I'm sure are in many other feature request threads

It's not that features like video editing and templates aren't appreciated, but it doesn't make sense to prioritize those 'nice to have' when so many essential features don't even have plans for development. It's frustrating to see Pixelmator Pro become a jack of more and more trades and never master its primary one.
I'm almost certain you're going to get a blanket statement from the staff about how "its on the road map", or "We can't share the road map with you", or "thanks for the request", or "we have some of those things in mind but, we're focused on other projects right now that are priority", etc etc etc.

The major problem is that, none of the priority projects that they have in mind are features that customers are actually requesting. It's all things they think we'll be impressed by. (or that Apple wants them to have.)

Is having templates and doing video editing cool? Yeah sure. But proper video editors aren't going to use the limited feature set available here. They're going to continue to use the full blown apps that do way WAY more in video. And people who use Pixelmator Pro to edit photos aren't really going to use it for video since their main format is images. So...it's a wasted feature for those who don't use it and it's a wasted feature for those that do video editing on REAL editors they're not gonna come here for that.

What pixlemator staff need to do is just focus on what the customers want and work on getting those features out there. We, the customers...don't care what the Pix staff want. Because what they want is to stand out amongst adobe and the others to say, "look what we can do that you can't cannot". When they should be saying, "We see what you did with such and such feature. But now watch how it's really done!"

If you can do what the competition does but do it better and more efficient, people will notice and the customer line will grow and grow.

2022-12-27 20:53:33

by Sensored Lens
I'm almost certain you're going to get a blanket statement from the staff about how "its on the road map", or "We can't share the road map with you", or "thanks for the request", or "we have some of those things in mind but, we're focused on other projects right now that are priority", etc etc etc.

The major problem is that, none of the priority projects that they have in mind are features that customers are actually requesting. It's all things they think we'll be impressed by. (or that Apple wants them to have.)

Is having templates and doing video editing cool? Yeah sure. But proper video editors aren't going to use the limited feature set available here. They're going to continue to use the full blown apps that do way WAY more in video. And people who use Pixelmator Pro to edit photos aren't really going to use it for video since their main format is images. So...it's a wasted feature for those who don't use it and it's a wasted feature for those that do video editing on REAL editors they're not gonna come here for that.

What pixlemator staff need to do is just focus on what the customers want and work on getting those features out there. We, the customers...don't care what the Pix staff want. Because what they want is to stand out amongst adobe and the others to say, "look what we can do that you can't cannot". When they should be saying, "We see what you did with such and such feature. But now watch how it's really done!"

If you can do what the competition does but do it better and more efficient, people will notice and the customer line will grow and grow.
I need to disagree, of course, Pix Pro doesn't replace a dedicate video app like Final Cut but the colour improvements in Pix Pro are much better or let's say easier and faster. That's the point of it.

2023-02-23 01:10:24

Yeah what they added was good. They just need to add photo stitching for panoramas and HDRs. I would like to be able to put multiple videos together for video editing and pictures with some audio.

2023-09-19 18:27:45

+1 for CA removal and manual lens distortion correction.

2023-10-04 16:10:05

by Sensored Lens I'm almost certain you're going to get a blanket statement from the staff about how "its on the road map", or "We can't share the road map with you", or "thanks for the request", or "we have some of those things in mind but, we're focused on other projects right now that are priority", etc etc etc.
Well I'm almost certain there won't be any reply by them at all. They seem to have stopped responding in this Forum for a while now, not even trying to act like they care about what people want anymore.