Download for offline editing

Discuss Photomator and photo editing.

2022-12-22 19:41:03

Please, add the ability to download selected photos for offline editing (or to speed up online editing).

2022-12-23 12:28:53

by rcrdleitao Please, add the ability to download selected photos for offline editing (or to speed up online editing).
this would be a very useful feature...on an iPad is almost essential for me. I hope they're working on it.

2022-12-23 16:06:53

You can already edit images that live in a folder in Files. Is this the functionality you're looking for?

2022-12-24 01:48:42

Thanks Nadeem, while that is useful all my photos are stored in Apple Photos on iCloud. So, instead of the entire raw file downloading when I try to edit the photo it would be nice if I could request a batch download. In apple photos itself you can select the photos and Share > Copy (as a workaround) which forces the download. And, on "Raw Power" (another great app) you can, at least on the Mac, right click on the photos you want to edit and select Download Item. This definitely speeds up editing and makes it possible to edit photos on the go. It would be great for Pixelmator Photo to have such a function.