Layer Styles + Clipping Mask do not export to SVG

Is something not working like it should? Let us know.

2022-12-19 20:11:19

I've hit another export to SVG that doesn't look like the original. In this case I start with a White [C] shaped object that I've applied an inner shadow to at distance 50. When I add a yellow layer above it called "Pattern1" with a clipping mask and apply the "Linear Burn" layer style. This makes a nice blend of the 1: the Pattern1 with 2: The inner shadow of my shape. See screenshot

Exporting this to SVG loses the inner shadow when rendered in Chrome/Firefox/Safari. See output below where this information is lost.

This type of problem with export to SVG has happened to me in other situations. Can you guys add a SVG validation button that turns off/warns/flags any layers that are non-conforming to SVG spec and will not export properly without modifications? For example notify the user:
- Attention! Layer Pattern1 has style "Linear Burn" applied which will not export to SVG.
- Attention! Layer <Layername> has <problem error message for SVG export> and <remedy action>.
- Proceed? (Y|N)

I found the SVG spec supports the following 5 blend modes with a quick google search: Normal, Multiply, Screen, Darken, Lighten. https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... endElement. I tried switching to the "Multiply" layer style to see if it work, but not avail. It appears the layer styles are not exported into SVG.

Love the tool - keep up the good work.
Thanks
Shawn

2022-12-19 20:47:10

After a few more experiments I discovered the root cause. SVG export with a [clipping mask] does NOT work when combined with layer styles such as "Multiply". See below image. On the left you see the rendering in Pixelmator pro with the clipping mask is applied and is still transparent with a "Multiply" blend, and on the right the browser window has rendered the same SVG export without any blend.

Hope this helps recreate the problem on your end. If you remove the clipping mask the export to SVG works perfectly.
Thanks

2023-05-10 02:21:03

Anybody working on repairs for SVG export? Thanks. Hoping to see this fixed.