Hold control and drag to change brush size

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2022-11-04 04:01:22

Right now we can control-click and a brush size overlay appears, but then we have to drag the pointer to the overlay and click again to drag the slider.

It would be much faster/simpler if users could just press the control key and drag left or right to change the brush size (then release control when the brush is at the desired size) rather than take the current extra steps. You could even cut the click out of it if you wanted – just control-drag.

Thank you for your consideration!

2022-11-04 04:14:57

I just noticed that we can also two-finger click to change brush size. I love that we can skip the keyboard, but it would still save time (and an extra click) if users could just two-finger click, hold the thumb, and swipe the fingers to reach the desired size without having click onto the overlay. Thanks!

2022-12-09 04:46:22

I now notice that Affinity has brush resizing down to a science: hold control and option then drag horizontal to adjust width and drag vertical to adjust hardness.

I feel like the only way Pixelmator could beat this is if they can do the same thing but by holding only one key (control) or allowing users to keep their hand on the trackpad altogether: two-finger click, hold the thumb, and swipe the fingers.