Content Based Filling

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2022-11-29 19:10:01

Hi everyone, I'm new to the Pixelmator world and looking for a way to enhance my background. In Photoshop I always used the content based fill. Here in Pixelmator Pro I haven't found a way :/ I've already discovered the retouch tool but that doesn't serve the purpose I need. I don't want to enlarge the whole image with the same format or retouch something in the image. I just want to extend the background e.g. to the top with content to make it "higher". Is there a solution for this?

Thanks in advance !

2022-11-30 15:03:51

Hi Leon! Content-aware filling isn't available in Pixelmator Pro right now, though we are keeping this in mind as a possible addition for the future. For the time being, the best I can suggest would probably be to use the Clone tool to manually extend your image.

2022-12-06 19:14:32

by Leon Steinicke In Photoshop I always used the content-based fill...
I do not think any other app matches PS Content-Aware tools. This is something we gave up to leave the Adobe world. If this is really important to you then you probably will stay with Adobe.

As Simonsad points out you will need to develop your Clone Stamp skills and even then it will not match Content-Aware AI.

The only similar tool I know is the GIMP Resynthesizer Plugin.

2023-04-06 17:40:49

I think features like this will increasingly become table stakes for image editing software. I love Pixelmator and really hope they direct their AI prowess toward this sort of thing.

2023-04-27 22:18:39

especially with the recent deluge of AI based tools/plugins within photo and video apps, a content-aware fill in Pixelmator Pro is necessary.

2023-05-12 19:11:18

+1 We really need this (clone stamp / healing brush can only approximate a proper Content Aware Fill)

2023-08-23 08:17:41

With the raise of AI, I'm confident that the Pixelmator team will implement such a feature in the future.

2023-08-23 08:22:39

The folks over at Skylum just announced a suite of AI Generative tools for Luminar Neo (which I also use). Hope the Pixelmator team is working on this too.