Creating a Painted Image Look from a Portrait

Discuss and share Pixelmator Pro resources such as templates, mockups, and tutorials.

2022-05-24 17:19:04

I'm a huge fan of PP and the great tutorials. But I'd love one that shows how to take a headshot and make it look like it was painted or appear like a cartoon drawing. That's useful for many things, including designing an icon for Zoom meetings (when camera is off).

I know you have "Turn a real-life drawing into a digital illustration" but that's not the same thing.

I've seen tutorials for Photoshop that teach this.

Thanks for considering!

Danny

2022-05-24 18:01:24

Hey Danny! At the moment, Pixelmator Pro doesn't actually feature the effects that could be used to create a cartoon or oil painting look quickly, so I'm not really sure how likely it is that you'll see a tutorial about this any time soon. Though we'd definitely love to add more support for these kinds of workflows in the future!

2022-05-24 18:49:01

Thanks. It's kind of possible to do it using some of your existing tools and effects. Seems like it shouldn't be that hard...

2022-07-04 19:19:50

Hi guys... I couldn't believe that there was not a single video tutorial / effect to turn a photo into an oil painting with Pixelmator Pro, but it's true! Nothing online. 😩
I mean, I'm sure it's one of the most demanded tutorials from Photoshop.

If a quick effect is not on the pipeline, could you please make a video tutorial on how to achieve this effect using the current tools?
Highly appreciated!

2022-07-11 01:07:21

Pixelmator Pro to transform a photo into an oil painting, but it's real! online absence.

drift boss

2022-11-27 15:54:28

Yes, plz have a tutorial or specific feature for cartoon effect.
Like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbFGyObTolU

People will love it. :)

2023-11-01 01:20:19

thank you. It is feasible to achieve this objective by leveraging preexisting tools and effects.

geometry dash subzero

2023-12-10 18:51:50

by Jin Baek Yes, plz have a tutorial or specific feature for cartoon effect.
Like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbFGyOb68TolU

People will love it. :)
Love this effect, but it takes tooo much time in Photoshop. It'd be really great if there was a feature for cartoon effect in PP.